Thursday 5 October 2017

Kaka reveals rejected £100m move to Manchester City


Kaka has revealed he turned down a chance to be the face of the new-look Manchester City in 2009 and rejected £100 million move to the Premier League club.

The attacking midfielder, who currently plays with Orlando City in Major League Soccer, was at the peak of his powers at that time for Milan, while City had recently been acquired by Sheikh Mansour.

And the new owner displayed his ambitions right away, making a then-record offer for the Brazil international, with Kaka's approval the only thing holding up the transfer's completion.

“Negotiations went very far indeed. The only thing separating City and I was my final word,” Kaka told FourFourTwo.

“It came to the point where all of the numbers and the finer details had been discussed. The wages I had been offered were much, much higher than what I was earning with Milan.

“I came to the conclusion that it was not quite the right time for me to go to City, and the main reason was the uncertainty over the squad-building process."

UCJ, UNILORIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave you comment