Friday 18 August 2017

ASUU strike to end in one week — Adamu


The Minister of Education, Malam Adamu Adamu, said the ongoing strike by the Academic Staff Union of Universities may be called off within one week.

The minister stated this at a meeting of the Senate Committee on Tertiary Institutions and TETFund in Abuja.

He said that the ministry and other major stakeholders were already holding meetings with the union to resolve some of the issues that led to the strike.

He assured that with the level of progress made in the negotiation, there was hope that students and lecturers would return to classes within one week.

“The issue of renegotiation is already going on. I have already written a letter formalising the meeting I had with the union because I went alone to face them and I wrote a letter which I gave them yesterday. From the way they received it, I think it is possible that the strike will be called off within a week, maximum,’’ he said.

UCJ, UNILORIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave you comment