Thursday 5 October 2017

Roman Polanski Accused of Rape by Former German Actress


Former German actress Renate Langer has reported to Swiss police that Roman Polanski raped her when she was 15, according to a report by The New York Times.

The 61-year-old says the rape occurred at a house in Gstaad in February 1972. Langer is the fourth woman to come forward accusing the director of assault.

Per the report, Polanski's lawyer Harland Braun declined to comment on the accusations.

The Oscar-winning filmmaker previously pleaded guilty in 1977 to having unlawful sex with Samantha Geimer, who was 13 at the time. He fled the U.S. in 1978 before sentencing in the case and has been living in exile ever since.

Polanski, in a rare press interview, said Monday of the decades-old case: “As far as what I did: It's over. I pleaded guilty. I went to jail. I came back to the United States to do it, people forget about that, or don't even know. I then was locked up here [in Zurich] after this festival. So in the sum, I did about four or five times more than what was promised to me.”

UCJ, UNILORIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave you comment