Friday 10 June 2016

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Four Thef Suspects Delivered to School Security Unit


Students of the better-by-far University of Ilorin have exemplified their consciousness and security-alertness, once again, as they  apprehended and handed over 4 suspected thieves to the School’s security unit.



At the early hours of today, a number of students converged at the Security unit of the University to hand over another suspected thief to the security officers for proper actions to be taken,  having previously caught three earlier.



Speaking with a correspondent of the Union of Campus Journalists, one of the witnesses, who pleaded anonymity, bemoaned the undue rate at which thieves operate on campus, saying that the recurrence of this criminal perpetration is becoming unprecedented.


 He said, “I will speak for myself because I was just a victim of this wanton theft perpetrations on campus. Just yesterday, my iPhone 5 was stolen alongside my wallet”.


Another witness at the scene who followed the crowd that led the parade of the thief to the security unit decried this ugly development.


“This is becoming absolutely unbearable! Yesterday, I went for a test and kept my things in my bag. Before I finished my test, three phones were stolen from my bag and my purse. I was left empty”, he lamented.


The students, however, registered their displeasure at how the first two suspects, who were reportedly said to have stolen laptops, were treated by the security officers who denied their thorough beating by the irate mob and offered them a seat before they were conveyed to the security unit with a tricycle.



The angered student population said that “thieves should not be given such undue honours and rather should be dragged down to the security in humiliation”.



They students, however, called on the school authority to ensure stricter measures and promised to join forces with the security unit to nip robbery and theft on campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave you comment