Wednesday 26 July 2017

Dangerous fees a threat to football— Mourinho


Jose Mourinho, warned the level of spending on players is reaching a "dangerous" level, but defended Manchester United's own big-money transfers.

The Red Devils reportedly forked out more than £120 million to sign Romelu Lukaku and Victor Lindelof this window, while United smashed the transfer record to sign Paul Pogba from Juventus last August.

"I always thought the problem is not what you pay for this kind of player, I don't think the problem is what you pay for Pogba, I don't think the problem is going to pay crazy for Neymar," Mourinho told reporters in Washington DC.

"Some clubs are paying or they don't buy because they don't accept the numbers that are now ruling the market, or to do it they have to go the same levels and for me that's what worries me a little bit because now we speak about £30m, £40m, £50m in such an easy way.

"I think [for] some other clubs, there will be problems when they realise that the money that is coming in and is going out and I also think that the Financial Fair Play authorities, they have big work to do."

UCJ, UNILORIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave you comment