Wednesday 30 August 2017

Policemen allegedly batter lady, for tattooing her body


A woman, Chioma Pius, accused men of the Rivers State Police Command of assaulting her for having tattoos on her body. Pius, who claimed to be travelling in a cab from Bayelsa to Port Harcourt, Rivers State, on Monday, said she was stopped by the policemen at Elebrada Junction, Emohua, Rivers State.

She alleged that after introducing herself to the policemen, the head of the patrol team accused her of being rude. She claimed that the officers subsequently pounced on her and pummelled her.

“Before I knew it, one of the officers grabbed my trousers and pushed me into the van, while the other guy slapped and punched me repeatedly. I asked why they were beating me up, but their leader used the butt of his gun to hit me on my thighs. He went away and came back with a cane and flogged me. He pushed me into their mobile cell,” she said in a post on Facebook.

She claimed that she lost her engagement ring in the scuffle, adding that while the drama lasted, other policemen were busy extorting money from other motorists and letting them go without a search.

UCJ, UNILORIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave you comment