Monday 7 August 2017

Van Dijk Demands TransferšŸ’„ Amid Chelsea & Liverpool Links


Southampton centre-back Virgil van Dijk, confirmed he has handed in a transfer request and has hit out at his employers for handing him a two-week fine and accusing him of refusing the train.

The 26-year-old's future has been subject to a long-running saga this summer, with Premier League sides Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal all associated with the player.

Indeed, Saints even accused the Anfield club of making an illegal approach for the ex-Celtic man, although Jurgen Klopp has distanced his side from making a move for the defender.

The Dutchman said, via a statement to The Times: "It is with regret that I can confirm that I have today handed in a transfer request to leave Southampton Football Club."

"Unfortunately I feel I have no alternative after I was given notice of the club's intention to impose a disciplinary sanction against me of a fine equivalent to two week's wages.

"Over the past six months I have held numerous discussions with representatives of the board, the former manager Claude Puel as well as the new manager Mauricio Pellegrino to inform them all of my desire to leave the club in search of a new challenge."

UCJ, UNILORIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave you comment