Thursday 27 July 2017

Mourinho begged Madrid to let him go


Jose Mourinho claims he, "beg Real Madrid to let me go", but does not expect to suffer a similar ending to his time at Manchester United.

Mourinho's turbulent three-year spell at Santiago Bernabeu came to an end in May 2013 by mutual agreement with the Spanish giants despite the fact he still had three years remaining on his contract.

The Portuguese returned to Chelsea for a second spell a month later before moving to United for the start of the 2016-17 season.

When asked what he considered the hardest part of rebuilding United, he told reporters: "The hardest part in my opinion was the period where there was an evolution in football overall, in terms of every other team, not just the typical powerful teams, but all the others.

"To be honest, with the club [Real]'s structure, they wanted me to stay, they didn't want me to leave. Everybody in the club, president, CEO, the board, myself, we all felt after the years I was there that the difficult part of the job was done and they wanted me to stay.

"In fact, I almost had to beg to let them let me go. I don't think that at United is going to happen, because I don't want to go."

UCJ, UNILORIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave you comment