Saturday 5 August 2017

I never lacked respect for the fans - Neymar response to critics


Neymar, rejected comparisons to Luis Figo over his world-record move from Barcelona to Paris Saint-Germain, while insisting he did not join the Ligue 1 club for financial gain.

He was unveiled to the media at the Parc des Princes and was asked about similarities between his transfer and that of Figo, who infamously traded Barca for arch-enemy Real Madrid in a then world-record move in 2000.

Figo was branded a traitor and had a pig's head thrown at him upon his return to Camp Nou with Los Blancos.

Posters labelling Neymar a traitor have already appeared in Barcelona, while videos have emerged of fans burning his jersey.

But Neymar told reporters: "I've done nothing bad. I'm sad about the fact that some fans think that. I hope it's a minority of fans.

"I never lacked respect for the fans. I think every player should be allowed to stay or leave a club. You're not obligated to stay at a club.

"I never lacked respect towards anybody. Again, I want to thank the fans, the players, the club of Barcelona."

UCJ, UNILORIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave you comment