Tuesday 15 August 2017

Usain Bolt reiterates football ambition


Eight-time Olympic gold medallist and Manchester United fan Usain Bolt, reiterated his desire to get into football after retiring from athletics.

The 30-year-old, who won an astonishing 19 global titles during a glittering career, has walked away from the track at the end of the 2017 World Championships in London.

There was to be no fairytale ending for the Jamaican, as he could only claim bronze in the 100m final before suffering an untimely injury in the 4x100m relay on Saturday night.

Bolt is, however, already contemplating his next move and admits that he would welcome the opportunity to become a professional footballer.

He told reporters after an emotional farewell at the London Stadium: “Well, I’ve always said that I wanted to play football because it’s something I think I’ll be good at.

“But right now, after pulling my hamstring, I’m not really worried about that at this moment.”

UCJ, UNILORIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave you comment