Saturday 25 November 2017

Carrick reveals heart problem recovery on Man Utd return

Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick has revealed he underwent a procedure to resolve an "irregular heart rhythm" after feeling unwell during September's EFL Cup tie against Burton Albion.

The 4-1 win at Old Trafford remains Carrick's only appearance for Jose Mourinho's team this season and his absence was initially attributed to a calf injury.

Reports emerged last month that Carrick had been suffering from a mystery illness and the 36-year-old issued a statement via Twitter on Friday to offer clarification over the reason for his absence.

"I just want to clear up my situation as I've had a few people asking if I'm okay and why I haven't been fit over the last couple of months," Carrick said.

"After feeling strange during the second half of the Burton game in September I underwent a series of tests.

"It turned out to be due to an irregular heart rhythm which has been fully investigated and I had a procedure called a cardiac ablation."

Carrick went on to offer assurances that he is back in full training with United and targeting a return to action in the near future.

UCJ, UNILORIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave you comment