Saturday 25 November 2017

I was diagnosed to be diabetic 30years ago- Obasanjo

Former President Chief Olusegun Obasanjo says that diabetes only kills those who are careless about its treatment.

Mr. Obasanjo made the statement on Friday in Abeokuta when he led hundreds of people on a road walk to sensitize the populace on the disease and how to manage it.

According to Mr. Obasanjo, if a person with diabetes takes care of himself, he will discover that “diabetes is not a killer disease.” Mr. Obasanjo lamented the fact that many youths in the country rarely exercised, saying that because of his lifestyle, in spite of his age, he was still agile and fit.

He said, “Diabetes is not a disease that should kill. I was diagnosed to be diabetic more than 30 years ago but rather I am growing stronger. If you don’t believe I am growing strong and you didn’t witness this walk, come and see me at night, you will know I am growing strong."



UCJ, UNILORIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave you comment