Friday 17 November 2017

My Appointees Were Selected On Merit – Buhari


President Muhammadu Buhari has said that most of the appointees in his administration were selected on merit and their proven track records.

Amid allegations of lopsidedness in his appointments, President Buhari maintained that he always considered what was best for Nigeria in his decisions.

“Some of the people holding high positions in the government, like my ministers, will tell you that I didn’t know them from Adam,” he said on Tuesday night at a dinner in Abakiliki, the Ebonyi State capital.

He said, “I just came across their names from the records and I worked with the records. I thank God that I have a very good team.”

According to a statement issued on Wednesday by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr Femi Adesina, the President commended Governor David Umahi for his development strides in Ebonyi State.

He said, “the absolute commitment of the governor to his position is very remarkable and I am very impressed.”

UCJ, UNILORIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave you comment