Sunday 12 November 2017

Activist shuns daughter’s wedding reception, calls it wasteful spending


Popular Muslim activist, Prof. Ishaq Akintola, on Saturday shunned the wedding reception of his daughter, Dr. Jihad Anjorin (nee Akintola). The activist, who doubles as the President of the Muslim Rights Concern, explained that two of his daughters had got married without holding a reception.

It was learnt that the wedding reception had Akintola's approval, however; as he had earlier held the wedding fatiha for the couple in his home on Friday.

"I know how to spend any amount on the education of my sons and daughters, but I can't see any reason why I should spend lavishly on their nikah. Let me make it abundantly clear, however, that society wedding is not haram and it is in order for those who have more than enough money to spend on it."


UCJ, UNILORIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave you comment