Monday 20 November 2017

Ibrahimovic calls himself a lion

Zlatan Ibrahimovic says he was "honoured" to make his first appearance for Manchester United in seven months - and that his return proves he is a "lion".

The 36-year-old Swede has been sidelined since April after injuring his ACL in the Europa League match against Anderlecht.

But he came on to a rousing reception as a 77th-minute substitute for Anthony Martial in the 4-1 win over Newcastle at Old Trafford.

Speaking to MUTV, the striker claimed his injury had been worse than people might have realised, but told of his pride at finally pulling on United colours again.

He said: "I told you, lions don't recover like humans. That I have now proved, rather than just saying it.

"But if people knew what kind of injury I had, they would not believe this. People believe I only had an ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) injury, but I had more stuff in my knee that was injured," he added.

He said, "I want to keep that to myself, though, because I don't need to tell the world - it's very sensitive."

UCJ, UNILORIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave you comment