Friday 17 November 2017

Ibrahimovic offers hints at new United role

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has suggested that he could play a different role when he makes his Manchester United return.

The 36-year-old has been out of action since rupturing his anterior cruciate ligament in the Europa League quarter-final victory over Anderlecht in April, but Jose Mourinho has hinted he could return before the end of 2017.

Romelu Lukaku took the Swede's position and number nine shirt following his arrival from Everton, but Ibrahimovic has said that his switch to number 10 is a natural fit for him and could well herald a change in the way he fits into the side.

"To me, the No.10 is the star," he said in a promotional video for Volvo. "The one who makes the difference, gets noticed, wins the matches and is the leader. And I see myself in that position but it is not something that is given to you, it is just something you are, that's just the way it is.

"I feel like a ten and I stand for No.10. It will go down in history that I always had No.10."

UCJ, UNILORIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave you comment