Monday 13 November 2017

Ronaldo's selfishness good for the team - Benzema

Karim Benzema thinks Cristiano Ronaldo is more selfish than he is, but feels it works to Real Madrid's benefit and has no problem with his superstar team-mate.

The former France international has played with Ronaldo for nearly a decade, the duo both joining the La Liga champions before the 2009-2010 season.

“At Real, I score, but when the guy who is next to you scores 50 per season (you can not do anything),” Benzema told _Canal+ _.

“It's different from how I played at Lyon. I just like football and winning titles. I'm having fun.

“Ronaldo and I, we get on well. I like playing with him. He likes to play with one touch of the ball. He is more selfish than me, but that's normal. That does not bother me. Finally, it's good for the team.”

That he has managed to stay as long as he has at Madrid has admittedly been a bit of a shock for Benzema, though he believes much of the drama around him at the club is a media invention to help sell stories. Rather than worrying about that, the striker says he focuses on the game.

UCJ, UNILORIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave you comment